Well I don’t know what the problems are, with the email again, but I am going to move all the mail forwarding, and DNS stuff to NameCheap (current registrar).
The current host (pwrhost.com) is not doing any more web hosting, so there is really nothing tying me down to them anymore. (at least for that domain)
On the Namecheap control panel, all I will be doing is
- “Transfer DNS back to us” which will allow mw to change the DN S settings directly from the registrar site
- change the A record for the www prefix to 184.108.40.206
- setup the email forwarding as it used to be.
The old Name Servers were NS1.PWRHOST.COM and NS2.PWRHOST.COM
Followed the instructions on Leuc’s site to get version Booksmart 1.9.8 working on linux.
Got the patch.
First try was using the mac dmg file. Extracted the contents, and tried running the command that Leuc has on the site. but no luck. Then I read about the problems with 64bit java.
Meanwhile I also install the Win version on a win machine and copy the lib and resources folders, hoping that things would work. No luck again.
So after some fiddling with installing only the 32bit versions of java on a 64bit OpenSuse 11.0 machine, I got it working. Shocking! I know. I was impressed. That just means I gotta get off my ass and make the Morocco book. And the baby book.
When changing to 32bit version of Java 1.6, it seems to install java 1.5 also. But it installs the 64 bit version, so that then needs to be told to install the 32bit version, which in turn brings up some other dependancies. I didn’t bother with those dependancies.
- Free web design templates found here at www.oswd.com
- Photography gallery that doesn’t use flash HERE
- Site I like the look of for a wedding photography site. HERE
- Also interesting. How to make a gallery using scriptaculous. HERE
- A photographer’s website that does more then just weddings. HERE
- Decided to use SmoothGallery 2.0 for my online photograhy site . Details can be found HERE
I will use it in conjuntion with the “How to make your own gallery” php script to allow for dynamic editing (adding/deleting) of images.
- How to integrate the SmoothGallery 2.0 into a WordPress blog (will need this for my photo blog) HERE
Looking for ideas for wedding websites. Looking at this site of Karri North, found some interesting photos. Not all photos are razor sharp. I guess it’s the emotion captured that’s more important then focus?. Not all photos are buttery smooth (lots of shots with plenty of grain/noise).
Also, at first I didn’t quite like the fact that the gallery spanned a new full screen window, but after viewing 20-40 images, the large images really work.
Some links to flash photography that I may want to refer to later:
- Planet Neil’s suggestions : currently in the process of reading.
- The Strobist
- Printing Flash Gels DIY link 1
- Printing Flash Gels DIY link 2