- Fix bike front brake
- Buy light bulbs : some 60wat bulbs for master bathroom, and some globe light bulbs for E’s bathroom
- Fix caulking in living room crown molding.
Fix shower door
- Write FileServer interface (similar to openfiler) using webmin as a base.
- Playlist manager plugin for wordpress.
- submission website
- Update “Discogs album release” plugin
- Update “Multi-RSS Digest Plugin”
- Sort through Kinekit 4 photos
- Make photo book from Kinetik 4 photos
Make a 468×60 banners for Edwin
Preparations for the music festival: a list of what I should pack, and take with me.
Photo gear equipment:
- Camera (+backup)
- charge all batteries (AA and camera batteries)
- clean all lenses
- tripod :make sure all parts are there.
- rain coat
- hiking boots
- assortment of clothing
get 250gig drive cleaned out, got a new 500gig and formated.
- take cable to tether phone to laptop (USB to microUSB)
- install Bibble on computer
- pepto-bismol pills
- Cliff bars
- energy drink (buy in MTL)
- Allergy medication
- nail clippers
- bathroom supplies (soap, shampoo, q-tips, toothbrush, tooth paste)
- laptop + charger+cables + USB drive (to format)
- water bottle
- snacks (fruit, crackers)
Things to keep in mind while shooting:
- remember the 1/focal length rule. So for the 85mm lens, shoot at 1/125, the 135mm lens shoot at 1/150 -1/200. Up the ISO to get the shutter speed required. Better to have a sharp noisier image, then a blurred cleaner image.
- camera AF on AI Servo, Spot metering, use only the center AF point.
Meeting with Jason for the past few times has inspired me to get back into writing code. More importantly writing code differently. Writing better code.
So I’m going back to the Spa website to continue the work on that site.
- caulking in the kitchen and downstairs bathroom
- replace burnt bulbs throughout the house
- fix trim in kitchen and dispose of it
- sand and paint radiator covers
–> need to buy some paintbrushes
- finish front step (apply the product to the right side)
–>now need work on smaller areas that require attention.
–> Need to find another product (garage floor paint?) to cover up the steps.
- stain coat rack in front hall
- frost front bedroom window
- frost baby bedroom window above change table
- finish master bedroom -> closet, paint, baseboards, fix hole
- finish basement fireplace surround
- put up suspended ceiling in basement
–>need 20+20 cross Tees, and 5 wall railings. Total sq.footage is 360 sq-ft.
–> install panels.
- paint railing in front of house
- get a latch for the door to the furnace room
- install an ethernet connection to the spare bedroom.
In no particular order:
- Get the office section of the basement sorted out.
- the Traction Control module for Rod.
- measure power draw of file server computer (all computers?) over several days/weeks
- get the CARPC finalized
- Get caught up with the pictures sorting.
- move the emails back to the Spa computer
…that I’ve even undertaken.
The new version of the Total Wellbeing Medical Spa website just got made live a couple of days ago.
I had to spend a little time cleaning up some CSS issues which looked messy in IE.
Now I need to continue with the upgrades to make it even slicker.
This is just a brain-storming session to get ideas down:
- Category system. (ie. web hosts, online banking, forums…)
- encrypt all info in database, except ID
- when viewing data, only show password when cursor is passed over the line.
Two tables: One is a table of categories and another table is a password table.
ID, category name, category desc
ID, host, login, password, comments
For the data encyption in the database, hardcode in the PHP code a passkey that is used to encode and decode the data.
Ok That is a bad idea. The data is sent in plain text between the browser and the server php code, so anyone listening can grab the text easily…
This is trickier to do (for my skill level) but will try it out.
On third thought, I will stick with the first option. Much easier to implement. As long as one can establish a SSL connection to the site, encryption is not a problem.
In the interest of getting the project started, I will take the easy way out, and maybe in a later version implement the more secure method of encrypting/decrypting the data in the browser.
This needs a name too… WPM (Web Password Manager)??
- Sell the Mazda rims (get the images processed, and post a message)
- Give away the fireplace/stove
- Compile the kernal rom scratch.
With the bulk of the previous ToDo list being complete, I thought I’d sit down and think of the next wave for the project.
From the last list, still outstanding are:
- wire electrical outlet
- drain for the tub needs to be finalized (This I will wait on untill I have a tub, in order to locate it)