Server machine setup
Since I’m going to put a fresh install of Suse on this test mythtv server machine once this trial is done, I need to document all the steps I’m taking to get EVERYTHING running on this machine, in an effort to make things go as smoothly/quickly as possible.
- Install SLICK SuSe 10.0. Take all the defaults.
- Setup User Outsider with appropriate password.
- Allow user auto-login (not likely necessary though, since everything should be ran through ‘runlevel’, as a daemon)
- Install Samba from YaST.
- make a 2 new directories in /mnt called ‘web-server_data’ and ‘web-server_data2′
- Edit the /etc/samba/smbfstab to include the following lines:
//192.168.0.8/data2 /mnt/web-server_data2 smbfs username=outsider,password=digital,uid=outsider,gid=users
//192.168.0.8/data /mnt/web-server_data smbfs username=outsider,password=digital,uid=outsider,gid=users
- For installation of MythTV, follow steps on the this site
- Install SlimServer, and configure. Current version is 6.2.1 and the rpm install script does not install it properly. Download this script and place it in /etc/rd.c and call it slimserver.
- Softsqueeze is the next thing to get installed. First need to grab the MP3 player plugin from here . The Java Softsqueeze is dowloaded from the same location.